Lime Jalapeno Poppers are a healthier twist on the classic party food. They’re rich, cream cheese filled baked snacks with a touch of lime that gives this simple appetizer a flavor boost.
Jalapeno Poppers are one of the most popular appetizers around. Recently, there was even a southern version on Food Network where the popper was filled with pimento cheese!!
Appetizers don’t get much easier than these Lime Jalapeno Poppers. These hot little bites are oven baked, and are filled with simple lime flavored cream cheese. At about 50 calories each, they pack in a lot of flavor. If you want to make these with low-fat cream cheese they are still delicious and about 1/3 less calories. Calorie counting is something I think about now so I am passing it on.
It’s funny but I remember a time when Jalapeno Poppers were considered exotic. I had my first popper at a restaurant when my husband and I were first dating. They were deep fried, served with a raspberry jam dipping sauce, and it was really love at first bite! This version is much healthier and the only way I make them now, but sometimes I still crave that gooey pocket of cream cheese inside a deep fried popper.
Making these popper is easy. Just half each of the peppers, scraping out the seeds. (I like to leave the stem on to make them easier to hold and I just think they look cool with the stems still attached). Then fill each half with a mixture of cream cheese, salt, pepper and lime juice. Top with a sprinkle of lime zest and put in a 400 degree oven until the Jalapeno is soft and the cheese is browned.
Lime Jalapeno Poppers
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounce cream cheese , room temperature
- 1 medium lime, zest and juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray a large sheet pan.
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese with lime juice, salt and pepper until blended. Fill each of the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle each pepper with lime zest.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 15-20 minutes, until the jalapeno pepper is softened and the cream cheese is golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and serve warm.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.