Spice mix to replace store bought taco seasoning packets.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1–1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients.
- Stir until spices are evenly distributed.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container on a dark, cool shelf up to 6 months.
This recipe is easily multiplied.
2 tablespoons mix = 1 store bought packet
Nutritional information is for 8 servings per 2 tablespoons of mix.
Keywords: Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix