Sweet and spicy, this easy BBQ Seasoning Mix recipe adds serious flavor to your beef, chicken and pork!
- 1/4 cup maple sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1–1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1–1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Store spice mix in an airtight container.
To season meat for grilling or oven baking, sprinkle 1 – 2 teaspoons per pound of meat raw meat prior to cooking.
For less heat, reduce cayenne to 1/8 teaspoon or omit.
Dried ground yellow mustard seeds were used for this recipe.
Salt is optional. Add or omit as desired. 1 tablespoon of salt is proportional amount for this recipe.
Keywords: barbecue spice mix