An earthy, full of flavor soup, made mushrooms, vegetables, seasonings and broth that’s perfect for a cozy lunch or dinner!
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add in carrots, celery and onions. Saute until just starting to soften, about 3 – 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic and remaining butter. Continue cooking until mushrooms are tender, another 3- 5 minutes.
- Add broth and worcestershire sauce to mushroom mixture. Stir. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.