Goat Cheese Bacon Zucchini Quick Bread is a savory loaf filled with creamy goat cheese,smoky bacon and tender zucchini chunks. Serve thick slices as a side with any entree!
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 – 2 tsps cayenne
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 6 ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1–1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced thin (both white and green parts)
- 1 cup grated or minced fresh zucchini, seeds removed
- 2 tsp minced thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease or spray a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom and long sides of pan with parchment paper, allowing 1 inch overhang on both long sides.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour,baking powder,cayenne and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs,buttermilk,olive oil and mustard.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and stir in the egg mixture until just combined. Fold in the goat cheese, parmesan, bacon, green onions, zucchini and thyme.
- Scrape the batter into loaf pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake on center rack of 350° oven until golden on top and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. Let cool on a rack 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges of loaf to loosen, then invert onto plate. Remove the parchment paper from the loaf and let cool completely.
- Cut into thick slices and serve.
- Serving Size: serves 10
Keywords: Goat Cheese Zucchini Bread