Garlic Parmesan Pull Apart Bread is a rustic, buttery loaf loaded with flavor. It looks fancy but it could not be easier to make. No yeast or kneading to worry about because this recipe uses frozen bread dough!
- 1 one pound loaf frozen white bread dough
- 4 TBSP softened unsalted butter
- 1 TBSP dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Roll and stretch thawed frozen bread dough into a 12 inch square, on lightly floured board.
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, parsley,garlic,red pepper flakes,salt and pepper. Spread evenly over the 12-inch square of rolled bread dough.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, pressing lightly.
- With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 16 small squares.
- Make four stacks of four squares each.
- Place each stack on it’s side in the prepared loaf pan. Gently separate the squares so the dough fills the pan and the squares are touching.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese over the assembled loaf.
- Cover the loaf loosely with plastic wrap and set the loaf in a warm place until the dough rises by half it’s size, about 2 hours.
- Bake the loaf until browned and cooked thru, about 45-50 minutes. Tent with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove the loaf from the oven.
- Let cool 15 minutes in the pan, then loosen the sides with a knife.
- Transfer the loaf to a plate and let cool an additional 30 minutes before serving.
Note- 2 TBSP of fresh snipped parsley may be substituted for the dried parsley.
Note – if using salted butter, omit the pinch of salt in the recipe.
Note – reduce or omit the red pepper flakes if you don’t care for spicy bread
Keywords: bread,pull apart bread,recipe,parmesan,garlic,