Amazing Fresh Strawberry Pastry is crisp, sugar dusted puff pastry with juicy slices of strawberry baked on top. It’s like biting into a cloud of flaky crust and the best strawberry jam you have ever tasted! Easy to make in about 25 minutes – Perfect for brunch or dessert!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed (1/2 box)
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 3 TBSP granulated sugar
- Glaze (optional)
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1–2 TBSP heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- Hull the strawberries and cut into thin slices, about 5-6 slices per strawberry. Set aside.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a sheet of parchment paper…or flour dusted board.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the puff pastry sheet into 9 squares. Cut on the existing fold lines, then cut each long rectangle into 3 squares, for a total of 9.
- Cut a shallow channel about 1/4 inch from the edges of each square.
- Melt the 2 TBSP of butter. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush each square with melted butter, then sprinkle each square with about 1/2 the sugar.
- Place 4 slices of strawberry on each pastry square, staying within the lines you cut with the knife.
- Dust the squares with the remaining 1/2 of the sugar and place the sheet pan in the 400 F oven. Bake for 20 minutes, but begin checking the oven at 18 minutes. The pastry will be golden brown when the pastries are done.
- Make the glaze:
- Combine the confectioners sugar and cream in a small bowl. Add the cream 1 TBSP at a time until you have reached the consistency you want for the glaze. Drizzle over the pastries. Let the glaze set a few minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 pastry