Thick and chunky Fresh Homemade Pineapple Sauce is a tasty tropical topper for your next ice cream sundae or pound cake. Great on biscuits too!
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the pineapple and pulse to lightly puree, still leaving some larger chunks. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in the corn syrup and the pineapple.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil while gently stirring constantly. Stir until mixture thickens, about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Serve warm or store in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container for up to 7 days.
Keywords: pineapple,topping,ice cream sauce,dessert,recipe