Breakfast is ready with Easy Slow Cooker Strawberry Honey Oatmeal. Steel cut oats, fresh strawberries and raw honey are slow cooked into a smooth and creamy bowlful of delicious. Make ahead for the entire week!
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 4 cups 2% milk (or coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberry puree or finely chopped strawberries
- pinch salt
- Extra strawberries and walnuts to garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Set to High and cook for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours. Check and stir starting at 2 hours for done.
- Turn slow cooker off and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls to eat now or containers to save for later.
- Store in tightly covered containers in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Use coconut milk for a dairy-free option.
Substitute coconut sugar for honey for unique flavor.
How to Make Strawberry Puree: Add strawberries to food processor and pulse until almost smooth. Some small chunks of strawberries will remain. Use immediately or store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: easy strawberry oatmeal, strawberry slow cooker oatmeal, homemade strawberry oatmeal, slow cooker steel cut oats