Whip up this moist and fluffy Easy Cornbread Recipe and leave your regular bread or biscuits behind. Soft on the inside with a deliciously crisp top crust, this recipe is a keeper.
- 1–1/2 cups stone ground cornmeal
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP sugar
- 1–1/2 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1–1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease cast-iron skillet or 8 x 8 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour,sugar,baking powder,salt and baking soda.
- Whisk in the milk, oil and eggs until evenly combined.
- Pour batter into skillet or pan and bake 25 – 35 minutes, until top of cornbread is golden and is pulling away from the sides of the pan. The top of the cornbread will be firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Note – whole or 2% milk can be used for this recipe.
Note – regular vegetable oil can be substituted for canola oil
Keywords: cornbread,side dish,bread,cornmeal,dinner