A mixture of tomato sauce, vegetable broth plus Mexican spices creates a thick Mexican-Style Red Enchilada Sauce that’s great for enchiladas, tamales, Mexican lasagna and more!
- 1 (15-ounce) can all-natural tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp mild chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1–1/2 cups vegetable broth
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk together tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, oregano, salt and cinnamon.
- Add vegetable broth to tomato mixture and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Use immediately or allow to cool then store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: enchilada sauce, red, easy