Served warm or cold, this cream cheese, cheddar and beer dip is a winner! Great for Game Day or any occasion where you want a creamy cheese snack.
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 1–1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 cup beer
- Blend the cheeses and seasonings in the bowl of a food processor until well combined.
- Slowly add the beer and continue processing until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Dip can be served immediately or refrigerated for one hour to chill and firm.
- To serve warm, place dip into a medium saucepan and stir continuously over low heat until warm OR place dip in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on High for 1 minute intervals, stirring after each interval. Repeat until dip is heated thru.
*For a kid-friendly version, substitute seltzer water or ginger ale for the beer. *If you are concerned about added salt, wait until all of the ingredients are mixed and smooth then taste the dip. Add salt if desired or omit.
Keywords: pub beer cheese dip cheddar