A creamy, ranch and sweet red pepper cheddar cheese ball decorated for all your summer celebrations! Makes enough for a crowd!
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 – 8 ounce blocks)
- 2 tablespoons ranch dip mix
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, medium size
- 1 slice white cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion, (about 2 stalks using green part only)
- Add the cream cheese and ranch dressing mix to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times until the dressing mix is incorporated into the cream cheese. No food processor, no worries! You can also mix this by hand.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the cream cheese mix along with the sliced green onion. (green parts only). Pulse until blended.
- Seed the red pepper and slice into quarters. Using a mini star, make cutouts from the red pepper. It’s easier to cut the pepper with the skin side up. Cut more stars out of the white cheddar cheese slice.
- Chop remaining red pepper and throw pepper and remaining white cheddar cheese into food processor and pulse a few times to mix into the cheese ball.
- Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap. Scrape mixture into center of plastic and use your hands to form a ball. Pull plastic up tightly over cheese ball and seal. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Unwrap cheese ball and decorate with cutouts. Serve with crackers or favorite veggies.
Recipe makes 1 extra large or 2 medium cheese balls. Recipe may be cut in half.
Prep time includes 1 hour cooling time.
Refrigerate leftovers, tightly wrapped in plastic for up to 2 days.
Keywords: Cheddar, ranch, cheese ball, patriotic, appetizer, easy