Homemade Strawberry Sauce combines just 4 ingredients to make an incredible tasting sauce. This fast and easy recipe is also amazing on ice cream, pound cake or pancakes.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (about 1 pint), hulled and rough chopped
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine strawberries, sugar and vanilla.
- Cook over medium-high heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce starts to thicken. Mash strawberries as you stir.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Allow to cool before serving. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 7 days.
When the strawberries start to boil, the mixture will be frothy. Keep stirring and the froth will gradually disappear.
Keywords: strawberry,topping,sauce,dessert,fruit topping,strawberry sauce