Soft and chewy, with a hint of molasses, these easy to make Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies are bake and go. No chilling required!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1–3/4 cup packed light brown sugar, divided reserving 1/4 cup
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1–1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, 1-1/2 cups brown sugar and salt until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Stir until completely combined.
- While stirring, add flour and baking soda. Continue stirring until flour is incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop balls of dough, 1-inch round. Roll in reserved brown sugar. Place on baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Using bottom of a glass, press dough to flatten.
- Bake on center rack of preheated 350° oven until puffed and edges are golden,10 – 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
This recipe is easily doubled.
Keywords: Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies