Whipped topping, blueberry pie filling and a store-bought angel food cake make this a quick and easy summer dessert the crowd will cheer!
- 1 Angel Food Cake, store-bought or homemade
- 1 can (21 ounce) Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1 tub (16 ounce) Whipped Topping, non-dairy
- Fresh Strawberries and Blueberries to decorate
- Use a sharp serrated bread knife to cut off the top 1/3 of the angel food cake. Set the top aside.
- Make cuts all around the inside and outside edges of the cake, forming an inner and outer circle. Be sure not to cut too deep to the bottom of the cake. Hollow out the cake between the cuts, forming a trench. Place the removed cake pieces into a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place 3/4 cup of blueberry filling. Fold 1-1/2 cups whipped topping into the blueberry filling into no white streaks remain. The mixture will be thick and fluffy.
- Fill the trench cut into the cake with the blueberry fluff. Smooth the top and replace the top of the cake.
- Into the same bowl, add the torn cake pieces, 1 cup blueberry pie filling and 1 cup whipped topping. Fold until combined. Fill the center hole of the cake with the mixture. Smooth the top.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining whipped topping. Decorate the top with fresh berries.
- Serve with extra pie filling, whipped topping and berries.
Substitute your favorite pie-filling for blueberry. Cherry and Strawberry Pie Filling are amazing!
Keywords: angel food cake, dessert, patriotic, blueberry