Tender beef, crispy bacon and oozing with melting cheese, you won’t believe how simple these Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders are to make. Everything is made in the oven in under 30 minutes!
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 ounces sliced cheddar cheese (1 oz slices)
- 12 slices thick cut bacon
- 12 soft slider size rolls
- salt and pepper (optional)
- condiments, tomato, onion, lettuce for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a sheet pan with foil, or use wire rack insert.
- Lay bacon in a single layer on one of the foil lined baking sheet (with or without rack), making sure not to overlap.
- Spread the beef out in an even layer on the second pan, about 1/4 inch thick. . Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper (optional)
- Place both pans in the oven and cook the bacon for 15 – 20 minutes until desired crispness. The beef will be well-done at 20 – 22 minutes. Remove the pan containing beef from the oven at the halfway cooking point, and pour off any fat. Replace the pan in the oven to finish cooking.
- Remove the pans from the oven and set the bacon aside.
- Separate the top and bottom halves of the buns. Place the bottom half of the slider buns on a baking sheet.
- Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the beef into 12 even squares placing one square on each bun bottom.
- Cut each cheese slice into 4 squares and place 2 cheese slices on top of each beef square.
- Tear bacon slices in half and place both halves on top of the cheese on each slider.
- Put the pan back in the oven for 2 – 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove the sliders from the oven and top with the other half of the bun.
- Serve hot.
For best results, use 80% lean or better ground beef.
Rodeo Sauce Recipe: In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Add 3 shots hot sauce and stir until combined.