Big, Deli Style Blueberry Muffins with a crunchy struesel topping.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1–1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 2 tsp ground pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 12 muffin cups or use paper liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, beating until incorporated. Add the vanilla and beat until just mixed in.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture and milk to the creamed butter until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. The dough will be thick.
- Fold the blueberries into the muffin batter until well distributed. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the sugar, flour, butter and pumpkin spice until fully blended and consistency of small crumbs.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, fill muffin cups with batter to the top. Divide topping mixture equally between muffins, completely covering batter with topping.
- Place muffin pan on center rack of oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until knife stuck into center of muffin comes out clean.
- Place pan with muffins on cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing muffins from pan.
Almond or Soy milk can be substituted for the 2% milk.
Keywords: blueberry muffins, breakfast, bread, deli