This simple Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thigh recipe is full of incredible flavor in every bite. With a combination of tender chicken, garlic, paprika and Italian seasoning, this recipe is sure to become a favorite.
- 3 pounds chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in (6 – 8 thighs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup fresh snipped parsley for garnish (optional)
- large baking sheet
- measuring spoons
- instant read meat thermometer
- Remove chicken thighs from the packaging to a plate. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels to remove any moisture. Place in the refrigerator, uncovered for several hours to continue drying.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking pan.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and place on the prepared pan. Drizzle chicken with olive il, rubbing the chicken with oil to coat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- Evenly sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken.
- Bake on center rack of preheated oven for 35 – 45 minutes until golden brown and internal temperature reads at least 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.