Creamy French Mustard Chicken are juicy sauteed chicken breasts smothered in a tangy sauce made with two kinds of mustard and real cream! Great on pork and seafood too!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast portions
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP stone ground mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken breasts 4 – 5 minutes per side or until meat thermometer registers 165° F and chicken is done.
- Remove breasts to a large plate. Set aside.
- Remove all but 1 TBSP drippings from the pan. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add wine and to skillet, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and thyme to pan. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add cream, Dijon and stone ground mustard. Stir to combine, and bring to a simmer. Sauce will start to thicken.
- Add chicken back to the pan and cook additional 3 – 4 minutes until chicken is heated thru.
- Serve chicken with sauce spooned on top.
Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise for faster cooking time.
Keywords: french mustard chicken, mustard chicken, french mustard, dijon mustard, stone ground mustard, chicken dinner