Make quick and easy Creamy Edamame Bacon Bowtie Pasta in under 30 minutes. Cream cheese makes this sauce extra thick and tasty!
- 12 ounces Bowtie pasta
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 10 ounce frozen edamame, steamed in microwave
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne, optional
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water then drain pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towel lined plate. Drain all but 2 TBSP of fat from the skillet.
- To the fat in the skillet add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- De-glaze the skillet with wine, scraping up the brown bit. Reduce heat and simmer until the wine has almost evaporated, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese and reserved pasta water until cream cheese melts.
- Add pasta to cream cheese mixture. Stir to coat.
- Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and add to pasta, along with the steamed edamame. Stir to coat and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Use Vegetable broth for non-alcoholic version.
Add a pinch of cayenne with the cream cheese for spice.
Salt before serving as needed. Sodium in bacon may not require use of additional salt.
Keywords: creamy bowtie pasta, edamame, bacon, cream cheese, bowtie pasta