All seasoned and sauced up, this Southern meatloaf recipe uses celery, green onions, a bit of garlic and chili sauce for incredible flavor. This no-fail, kid approved recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
- 1–1/2 pounds 80% Ground Beef
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 stalk celery, small chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced using white and green
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 12 ounce bottle chili sauce, divided
- 3 Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into 8 wedges each (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter until frothy.
- Add celery,green onion and garlic to the butter and cook until the celery is softened and garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine using a fork, the beef, sausage, bread crumbs, milk, salt, pepper, celery mixture and 3/4 cup of chili sauce.
- In a 9 x 12 baking dish, form the meat mixture into a loaf. Top with the remaining chili sauce, spreading evenly to cover.
- Place potatoes around the loaf, cut sides down.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 60 – 70 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted in center reaches 165 degrees.
- If making potatoes, baste potatoes with drippings halfway thru cooking time.
- Transfer the meatloaf to a serving platter, and slice to serve.
Whole milk may be substituted for 2%.