Delicate and sweet, Chocolate Melt In Your Mouth Sugar Cookies use only a handful of ingredients to produce a tender cookie that literally melts in your mouth. Perfect for holiday parties and gift giving!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In mixer bowl fitted with paddle blade, beat butter at medium-high speed until creamy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed until fully incorporated into butter and smooth. Add vanilla and beat until fully combined.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until flour mixture is just incorporated and no loose flour remains.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until firm.
- If dough is too firm to scoop, soften on counter a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment or baking mat, or lightly grease.
- Using ice cream scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded balls of dough onto baking sheet. Dough should be roughly 1 inch diameter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 – 12 minutes, just until starting to crisp at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for 10 minutes until cookies are set.
- Roll or sift with powdered sugar. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Sift or with powdered sugar again if desired.
For best results, sift powdered sugar over cookies to coat. Cookies are delicate and may crumble if rolled.
Keywords: cookies, sugar, powdered sugar, butter, melt in your mouth