Crispy on the outside with a chewy center, Chocolate Chip Brown Sugar Cookies are double chocolate delicious! Made with brown sugar, cocoa and chocolate chips, these addictive cookies are perfect as an after school snack or anytime!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1-1/2 cps light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle blade, beat butter and brown sugar together at medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat on low until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly beat into the butter mixture until just incorporated.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with mat or parchment, or lightly grease.
- Using ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop dough into granulated sugar and roll to cover.
- Place sugar coated dough onto baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.