Full of chicken, vegetables and a full of flavor sauce that makes an irresistible family size freezer meal! Bake right away or freeze for later!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1–1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- In a large pot, add soup, milk, butter, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated thru and butter has melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken, peas and carrots, corn and 1 cup shredded cheese. Transfer to one greased 9 x 13 freezer-safe baking pan, or 2 greased 8 x 8 freezer safe baking pans.
- Spread frozen tater tots over chicken mixture in a single layer. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cover pan(s) with foil, then wrap in plastic. Freeze for up to 2 months.
To Bake Right Away:
- Assemble casserole thru Step 3, but do not top with cheese at this point.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until sauce is bubbling.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
To Bake From Frozen:
- Remove pan from freezer 30 minutes before baking. Remove plastic wrap.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake covered for 1-1/2 hours, remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes until tater tots are golden brown and casserole is heated thru.
Keywords: casserole, tater tot, chicken