Chicken Cordon Bleu Penne Pasta is a delicious take on the old French Classic! Chicken,Ham, Swiss Cheese and Dijon combine with penne pasta to give an updated twist to this yummy dish! A great one-dish meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 8 ounce chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 6 ounce low-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces sliced ham, sliced into bite size pieces
- 2 ounce reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, place the chicken broth and chicken breast cubes. Bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the penne pasta to the boiling broth and cook until desired tenderness, about 10-13 minutes. Most of the broth should be absorbed by the pasta. DO NOT DRAIN.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add the cream cheese, Swiss cheese, ham and dijon mustard to the pot. Stir to combine until the cheeses have melted and ham is heated thru.
- Plate and serve..
While I prefer to make this dish using low sodium broth and reduced fat cheeses, regular broth and full-fat cheeses can be substituted in their place.
If the sauce is too thick or you prefer a creamier sauce, add milk a tablespoon at a time to thin it out.