Baked Mac and Cheese gets a simple comfort food twist with chicken, bacon and ranch seasoning!
- 16 ounces macaroni pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and diced,
- 3 cups cubed chicken, cooked
- 2 TBSP ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 3 TBSP butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1–1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1–1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Grease a 9 x 13 or similar size baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to directions until just al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over Medium heat until crisp. Remove to a plate, pour off grease, leaving 1 TBSP bacon drippings in the pan.
- Add cooked chicken to the pan. Over medium heat, stir chicken until heated thru. Sprinkle ranch seasoning over chicken and stir to coat. Remove chicken from pan.
- Over Medium heat, add butter to pan. Once melted, add garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add flour and whisk to form a paste. Slowly add in heavy cream and milk. Whisk to combine. Bring to a low boil and cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the liquid is thickened.
- Turn heat down to low. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, and half each of the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses until melted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add chicken and all but 2 TBSP of diced bacon to the cream mixture. Stir to combine. Reserve 2 TBSP diced bacon for garnish.
- Pour the cream mixture over cooked pasta and stir gently to coat. Scrape into prepared baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the cream mixture. Dot with reserved bacon.
- Bake on center rack of preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let pan sit for a few minutes before serving.
Keywords: macaroni,cheese,bacon,mac and cheese,oven