Crisp toasts, cherries, sweetened ricotta and pitachios are layered to make these fabulous elegant party appetizers!
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounce whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 loaf french bread, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 24 slices)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread both sides of bread slices with a very thin coat of butter. Place slices on a sheet pan and bake in preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes until edges are crisp. Set aside to cool.
- While the bread slices are baking, add cherries, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar to a medium bowl. Stir and set aside to macerate.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the ricotta cheese, cream, salt and cayenne. Pulse until ricotta is smooth.
- Spread cooled bread with cheese mixture, dividing equally among the slices.
- Top the cheese with a spoonful of cherries, dividing equally among the slices. Sprinkle with pistachios.
- Transfer to a serving tray and enjoy!
Keywords: Cherry, balsamic, crostini, ricotta, appetizer