Cheddar Onion Straw Burger is a Plump, Juicy Burger Loaded with White Cheddar Cheese and Piled High With Homemade Onion Straws! A generous slathering of Sweet Fire Sauce puts this burger over the top! The Perfect Burger Recipe for Grilling – indoors or out!
- 2 pounds good ground chuck
- salt and pepper
- 8 large buns
- 8 slices white cheddar cheese
- 1 Recipe Spicy Onion Straws
- 1 Recipe Sweet Fire Sauce (below)
- For the Sweet Fire Sauce:
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1 TBSP Sriracha
- Prepare Spicy Onion Straws, set aside or in oven on 200 degree setting to stay warm.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the Sweet Fire Sauce ingredients. Set aside while cooking the burgers.
- Wash leaf lettuce and tear leaves into 8 pieces.
- In a large bowl, break up the ground chuck into small pieces. Season beef with salt and pepper to taste. Form beef into 8 patties, 1/4 pound each. On the grill or a pan on the stove, cook each burger to desired temperature. Add a slice of white cheddar cheese on top of each burger and cook until the cheese is melted and dripping. Set aside.
- Toast both the top and bottom of the buns, then start assembling the Cheddar Onion Straw Burgers.
- Top each bun bottom with lettuce and a cheeseburger patty, then start piling on the Spicy Onion Straws.
- Drizzle Sweet Fire Sauce over the onion straws and for good measure, slather some on the top bun and crown that burger.
- You are now ready to bite into one of the most flavorful burgers you will ever taste.
- Serving Size: 1 Burger