Cake mix cookie bars are perfect for making easy, quick cookies in a matter of minutes.
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix ( 15.25 ounces)
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper leaving a 2-inch overhand on the long sides. Lightly grease the parchment paper. The overhang is for “handles” to lift the cookie bars out of the pan for easier cutting when cooled.
- In a large bowl, using your hands or large spoon, mix the cake mix, eggs, and melted butter until thoroughly blended.
- Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips until the nuts and chips are evenly distributed thru the dough. The dough will be very stiff and sticky.
- Turn the dough out into the baking pan, spreading it out until the dough is evenly covering the entire bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake 18-20 minutes or until golden-brown and firm around the edges.
- Remove the pan from the oven onto a wire rack. Allow to cool completely Life out of the pan by the handles onto a flat surface. Cut into squares and enjoy!
To make mixing and spreading easier, I lightly grease my fingers before handling the dough.
Keywords: cookies,cookie bars,dessert,cake mix,chocolate,walnuts,snack