Butterfinger Ghoul Cookies are a tasty peanut butter and candy cookie treat! Cookies decorated for Halloween night, with ghoulish candy faces! Bake a batch to get the entire family in the Halloween spirit!
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Butterfinger fun-size candy bars, cut into small chunks
- 12 Butterfinger fun-size candy bars, whole
- 1 package Eye candies, mini marshmallows, purple and white frosting, pink zots for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer fitting with a paddle, combine peanut butter,butter or shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla on medium speed until just blended.
- Add the egg to the peanut butter mixture and continue to beat until blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture. Blend until the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Fold in the Butterfinger pieces until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Roll dough, about 2 tablespoons each, into balls and place on lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 – 15 minutes, until cookies begin to brown around the edges.
- Immediately after removing the cookies from the oven, place a whole Butterfinger Fun-Size bar into the center of each cookie and press down gently.
- Allow to cool until the chocolate has set. Decorate as desired.
Keywords: Halloween,cookie,peanut butter,monster