Blueberries, ricotta cheese and honey are paired to make this elegant perfect party appetizer!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 24)
- mint leaves and additional honey for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread both sides of bread slices with a very thin coat of butter. Place slices on a sheet pan and bake in preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes until edges are crisp. Set aside to cool.
- While the bread slices are baking, add blueberries, lemon juice and honey to a medium bowl. Stir and set aside to macerate.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the ricotta cheese, cream and salt. Pulse until ricotta is smooth. Add lemon zest and pulse a few times to blend.
- Spread cooled bread with cheese mixture, dividing equally among the slices.
- Top the cheese with a spoonful of blueberries, dividing equally among the slices. Add a mint leaf to each.
- Transfer to a serving tray and enjoy!
To plan ahead for a party, bake the crostini and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Top them right before serving.
Keywords: blueberry, lemon, ricotta cheese, crostini