Best Smoked Turkey Stock, savory and rich with smoked turkey wings, is just what you need to up the flavor ante of soups, stews and gravy. Try this silky stock recipe as a base for rice dishes too! A must-have for every Thanksgiving cook!
- 2 large smoked turkey wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, scrubbed and coarsely chipped
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 24 cups water
- Add all ingredients to a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cook uncovered 3-1/2 – 4-1/2 hours until meat is falling apart and liquid is reduced by half.
- Scoop out large pieces and discard. Strain stock into another large pot, discard solids.
- Allow to cool slightly, then chill. Fat will rise to the top in a solid layer and be easier to remove. Skim off the fat and transfer stock into airtight containers. Chill until use.
- If freezing, ladle into freezer safe plastic containers and label.
Recipe requires a large 3 gallon stockpot.
Simmer stock for the full 4-1/2 hours for stock that is rich, thick and gelatinous.
Make Ahead Stock can be made up to a week in advance, and will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
*Nutrition Information is based on all ingredients nutritional count. Actual amounts are reduced by discarded solids, cooking time and amount of fat skimmed.
Keywords: smoked, turkey stock, thanksgiving, recipe, smoked stock