Juicy, tangy and sweetened with maple, Egg Sausage Breakfast Sliders are a delicious way to get Game Day or any day started.
- 12 slider rolls
- 1 (16 ounce) roll breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk, whole or 2%
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh chives
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup
- long handle measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- baking pan
- basting brush
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch (or similar size) baking dish.
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage to skillet, break apart with a wooden spoon and cook until completely cooked through. Drain if necessary to remove excess grease and scrape into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, using a serrated knife, cut slider rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half of rolls in baking dish. Set the tops aside.
- Evenly spread the shredded cheese over the bottom half of rolls.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, chives, milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat the large skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook eggs to desired consistency.
- Scoop scrambled eggs onto the layer of cheese, spreading evenly. Place sausage on top of the eggs and top with top half of rolls.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Combine melted butter and maple syrup in small bowl. Brush over tops of rolls allowing sauce to drip down sides and into bottom. Use the entire amount.
- Place pan onto center rack of preheated oven. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted. Serve and enjoy!
Sliders can be prepped the day before and popped into the oven before guests arrive.
Try using maple flavored breakfast sausage for extra sweetness!
Keywords: breakfast,slider,tailgating,game day,egg sandwich,sausage,brunch,recipe