Enjoy delicious BBQ Slow Cooker Chicken with almost no effort. Set it before you head to work and come home to the aroma of BBQ chicken just waiting to be served.
- 3 pounds skin-on chicken legs – about 10 legs
- 1–1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning or Old Bay
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Into a small bowl add the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, minced onion, poultry seasoning and worcestershire sauce. Stir to mix completely.
- Pour a few tablespoons of the barbecue sauce mixture into the bottom of the slow-cooker pot, spreading with a spoon to coat the bottom of the pot
- Sprinkle the chicken legs with salt and pepper
- Add half of the chicken legs to the slow-cooker and cover with half of the sauce mixture. Repeat with the other half of the chicken and sauce.
- Cover and set the slow cooker to low. Cook for 7-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken to a serving platter and turn the slow-cooker to High. Stir the remaining sauce in the pot until it begins to slightly thicken. Pour over the chicken for serving.
I prefer to use light brown sugar for this recipe, but if you have dark brown sugar, that will work.
The sauce for this recipe is mild. If you prefer it spicy, add a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes to the barbecue sauce mix.
This recipe works well with both skin on or skinless chicken legs.
Keywords: chicken,slow cooker,barbecue,sauce,dinner