These ground beef sliders are smothered in melted cheese and barbecue sauce for an easy made in the oven crowd favorite!
- 3 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 12 soft slider rolls
- 6 slices american cheese
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves. torn into 3 pieces each
- 1/2 cup homemade barbecue sauce, or favorite bottled sauce
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 12 dill pickle slices
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Spread out the ground beef on a rimmed 13 x 18 inch baking sheet, end to end. No need to grease the pan.
- Place on center rack of oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour off fat.
- Using a pizza wheel or sharp knife, cut the cooked beef into 12 slider bun sized portions.
- Place the cheese right on top of the cut slider patties. The patties should be touching together on the pan. Return to the hot oven to melt the cheese.
- Separate the slider buns, place each half on a sheet pan and lightly toast in the oven with the melting cheese.
- Place the pan on the bottom rack until the buns are heated and slightly crisped. The buns should still be soft inside.
- Remove buns from the oven and top each bottom bun with a torn lettuce leaf.
- Transfer one slider patty with melted cheese to each.
- Add a dollop of barbecue sauce on top of the cheese, then add pickle and red onion. Finish by replacing the top of the bun.
73% ground beef was used for this recipe
Keywords: Barbecue Cheeseburger Slider