Extra Crispy Bang Bang Buffalo Chicken are a perfect entree or appetizer and are a tailgate favorite! Serve with Sweet Buffalo Chili Sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo hot sauce
- 1–1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups Panko (more if needd)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sweet Buffalo Chili Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- Set out a large baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, eggs, buttermilk, and buffalo hot sauce. Blend completely. If batter is too thick, thin with buttermilk.
- Spread out Panko in a shallow dish
- Working in batches, coat chicken pieces in batter, roll in Panko, and set on baking sheet until all pieces are coated
- Fill deep fryer with oil according to directions, preheat to 325 degrees
- Working in small batches, fry chicken pieces in oil for 5-6 minutes, until cooked thru and golden brown
- Drain chicken pieces on paper towel lined plate, and serve hot.
- To make the sauce:
- Blend mayonnaise, Buffalo hot sauce and sweet chili sauce in a small bowl. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
** If frying in a skillet, heat approx 1-1/2 to 2 inches of oil in bottom of pan. Fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked thru and golen brown.