Moist and delicious, this Banana Bread is brimming with natural banana flavor and sweet butterscotch morsels. It is an easy recipe classic that your family will love. Bake a batch today in your own kitchen!
- 1/3 cup butter or shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium mashed ripe bananas
- 1 tsp fresh grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups butterscotch morsels
- For Maple Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, with the mixer set on medium, cream the shortening and the sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in banana, orange peel and orange juice.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat into the banana mixture for one minute, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Stir in butterscotch morsels until well distributed throughout the bread batter.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing the bread from the pan.Remove from the pan and cool completely on the wire rack.
- In a a small bowl, combine the confectioners sugar, milk and maple syrup. Stir until well blended. Drizzle over the completely cooled bread. Allow to set.
- In a small bowl, place 1/2 of the remaining butterscotch morsels. Melt the butterscotch in the microwave or over a pot of steaming water until the morsels are completely melted.
- Drizzle the melted butterscotch morsels onto the top of the bread loaf. Decorate with remaining morsels.
Substitute your favorite morsels for the Butterscotch. Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate and Peanut Butter are well suited to this recipe.