Celebrate your loved ones with fresh-baked Valentine Cherry Donuts. Easy and delicious right from your own oven!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 – 2 tablespoons milk or hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- valentine sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray with non-stick spray or grease donut baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine all donut ingredients except chopped cherries. Stir to combine until smooth.
- Fold in cherries until evenly dispersed in batter.
- Fill donut wells 3/4 full with batter. Stir batter with a toothpick in each well to level.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Donuts are fully baked when they spring back when touched. Top of donuts will be pale.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before removing from pan. Invert pan over flat surface and donuts should fall out. If not, pry gently from the side with a sharp knife or fork.
Make The Glaze
- Add all glaze ingredients to a shallow dish and stir until smooth. If glaze is too thick, add teaspoons of milk, one at a time, until glaze is the consistency of maple syrup.
- To glaze, dip donuts, pale side down, into glaze. Remove and place glaze side up on pan or tray. Sprinkle with valentine sprinkles.
- For best results allow glaze to set before serving, about 30 minutes.
Regular milk may be substituted for the buttermilk
Keywords: Valentine donut,oven baked donuts,cherry