Learn to make mini baked corn tortilla bowls for appetizers, ice cream, salads and more!
- 24 corn tortillas, 4-1/2 inch
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly mist muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place a damp paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Working three at a time, cover tortillas with a second damp paper towel and microwave for 10 seconds on High power. Tortillas will be Hot!
- Working quickly, form tortillas into a bowl in the bottom of muffin wells, overlapping the sides, or turn muffin pan upside down and place tortillas between cups to make a shallow bowl.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 – 12 minutes, until crisp and starting to brown. Tortillas will continue to crisp as they cool.
- Add filling and toppings to serve.
*I used street taco size tortillas **If tortillas will be put back in the oven to heat fillings or melt cheese, reduce bowl baking time by 2 – 3 minutes. ***For extra flavor, sprinkle chili powder, cinnamon sugar or other seasoning on tortillas immediately after removing from oven.
Keywords: corn tortillas, tortilla bowl, appetizer