You will love these delicious, saucy Asian Barbecue Sausage Bite recipe made with chunks of fresh pineapple! They’re so flavorful and perfect for game day or as an appetizer for your special events!
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple chunks, bite-size pieces
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Sichuan Chili Paste
- 1–1/2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut sausage link into 1/2-inch slices. Place in a single layer on baking sheet and top each with a chunk of pineapple.
- In a small saucepan, add all of the sauce ingredients. While stirring, cook over medium-high heat until mixture just starts to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 – 4 minutes until onion are tender. Remove pan from heat.
- Brush sauce all over sausage and pineapple. Place pan on center rack of oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven, brush sausage and pineapple again with sauce and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Appetizers are done when the pineapple and sausage are starting to brown and the final layer of sauce is caramelized.
- Place on a serving platter, secure each bite with a food pick,sprinkle with additional green onion slices. Serve with remaining sauce on the side.
Nutrition information based on all sauce consumed equally among servings.
Keywords: smoked sausage, appetizer, holiday appetizer,holiday, recipes, party, gameday, recipe