FLAVORFUL ASIAN BARBECUE CHICKEN bake, smothered in tasty sauce , GOES FROM FREEZER TO TABLE IN LESS THAN ONE HOUR!
- 1–1/2 pounds chicken breasts, (about 2–1/2 breasts)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1–1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger (or 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon Minute Tapioca
- Prepare plastic freezer or storage bags. Label with name, date and servings.
- Cut whole chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Place in the bottom of the freezer bag.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients except the Minute Tapioca. Pour mixture over the chicken.
- Sprinkle Minute Tapioca over the top of the chicken.
- Push out as much air as possible and seal bags. Lay on side and flatten for freezer storage. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw for up to 24 hours before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease or spray 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Dump contents of freezer storage bag into pan. Separate breasts into single layer in pan.
- Place pan on center rack of oven and bake for 45 – 55 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° on a meat thermometer. During baking, occasionally spoon pan liquid over the chicken to keep moist.
- Remove from oven and serve with sauce from pan.
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Dump contents of thawed bag into bottom of slow cooker.
- Cover and set slow cooker to Low for 6 – 8 hours or High for 3 – 4 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker to serving plate and spoon over sauce.
Keywords: Asian Barbecue Chicken