Oven BBQ Pork Chops will have you preheating the oven instead of the grill every time. The secret for tangy, fall off the bone pork chops is the marinade. Few things taste better than freshly cooked pork chops hot off the grill.
I like to serve the Oven Baked BBQ Pork Chops with buttered corn and sweet potatoes with apples. Or try Amazing Asian Coleslaw, baked sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, mac and cheese or onion rings.
Craving more? Subscribe to MUST LOVE HOME , to get new recipes, our Newsletter , offers and updates delivered straight to your inbox.! Let’s stay connected… follow MUST LOVE HOME on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER .Print
Oven BBQ Pork Chops owe their flavor and tenderness to the marinade. Easy to make, just marinade, put in an oven safe baking pan and cook. Serve with a side of baked beans and coleslaw, or baked apples and corn.
- 4–6 medium bone in pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce, reserve 3 tablespoons for the marinade
- Marinade recipe
- For the marinade you will need:
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil (vegetable oil will do)
- 1/4 cup of House Italian Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worsteshire Sauce or a few drops liquid smoke
- Mix all the marinade ingredients right in a gallon size ziploc bag. Add the pork chops and toss inside the bag until each chop is covered with the marinade. Refrigerate in plastic bag for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce in bottom of pan. Layer marinated chops over BBQ sauce.
- Discard leftover marinade in bag.
- Pour remainder of BBQ sauce over the pork chops.
- Put the pan uncovered in the oven for 1- 1/4 hours.( You may baste with juices at about 45 minutes).
- After 1-1/4 hours, remove from the oven. Let stand for 10 minutes to cool prior to serving.
Marinated pork chops may be grilled. Grill as usual, then coat with BBQ when meat thermometer registers at least 160 degrees.
Keywords: pork chops,dinner,main dish,barbecue, pork