Chicken Cordon Bleu Penne Pasta
Chicken Cordon Bleu Penne Pasta is a delicious take on the old French Classic! Chicken,Ham, Swiss Cheese and Dijon combine with Penne pasta to give an updated twist to this yummy dish! A great one-dish meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
What could be better than pasta, loaded with chicken and ham and smothered with melting cheese? How about serving this dish in less that 30 minutes from start to finish and only using one-pot!
This Chicken Cordon Bleu Penne pasta is a quick and easy take on the traditional chicken recipe. The dash of dijon mustard gives this flavorful dish authentic flavor. This is not a “diet” recipe…I think all of the cheese is a giveaway. But if you are watching your waistline, substitute light cream cheese for the full fat version…and use 2% fat swiss cheese.
Originally, I made this recipe with macaroni noodles but I don’t think they stand up to the mixing and melting as well as a firmer pasta like penne.
Warm and satisfying this is an amazing cool weather dish, but it is so easy and delicious you will want this recipe in your rotation all year long!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Penne Pasta is a delicious take on the old French Classic! Chicken,Ham, Swiss Cheese and Dijon combine with penne pasta to give an updated twist to this yummy dish! A great one-dish meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 8 ounce chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 6 ounce Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces sliced ham, sliced into bite size pieces
- 2 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, place the chicken broth and chicken breast cubes. Bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the penne pasta to the boiling broth and cook according to package directions, and until most of the broth has been absorbed.DO NOT DRAIN.
- Add the cream cheese, Swiss cheese, ham and dijon mustard to the pan. Stir to combine until the cheeses have melted and ham is heated thru.
- Plate and serve..
Reduced fat cream cheese can be substituted for full fat cream cheese.