Chicken Broccoli Pasta Alfredo is a quick weeknight meal that’s ready in less than 20 minutes using simple pantry ingredients!
Coming home hungry and tired from a trip recently, I hopefully looked into an empty fridge for something to feed the family. No dice. Of course, I had not shopped before we left on our trip, so the fridge was empty.
Thankfully, the pantry was still stocked so I found pasta, sauces and canned meat to feed my hungry peeps. So In just a couple of minutes, a big pot of steaming hot Chicken Broccoli Pasta Alfredo was ready to put on the table.
In about 20 minutes, you can put a hot, fresh meal on the table that your family will love! Serve this tasty pasta dish as is or add a fresh green salad and crusty bread for a full meal.
If you want to get fancy, shave some Parmesan cheese over the top and add crispy bacon pieces. Or add roasted red peppers for more flavor and color. Any way you serve this, it is just yum!
what is pasta alfredo?
Pasta Alfredo is a classic Italian-American dish, but do you know how Pasta Alfredo got it’s name? The story goes that in 1914 Alfredo di Lelio was trying to make an appetizing dish that would please his pregnant wife. He cooked fettucine noodles and then poured over a sauce he had made from Parmesan cheese and butter. He went on to open a restaurant in Italy and served this dish.
Later, Alfredo di Lelio came to New York, opened another restaurant, and that is how American’s came to call this dish Alfredo.
Interestingly, in Italy it is “Pasta al Burro”, which means pasta with butter. Only in America, this dish is made with cream instead of butter.
More Easy Pasta Recipes For You
- Fast and Easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Mushroom Farfalle with Garlic Herbs
- Sun Dried Tomato Puttanesca
- One Pan Chicken Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
- Chicken Broccoli Pasta Alfredo
Chicken Broccoli Pasta Alfredo
- 15 ounce Pasta Alfredo Sauce jarred
- 12 oz Broccoli frozen
- 12.5 ounce chicken breast canned, drained
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta thin
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup milk 2%
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, when boiling add entire bag of frozen broccoli, cook until water again reachs a rolling boil
- Add the pasta to the broccoli in the boling water. Cook pasta and broccoli together until pasta is al dente. Drain well.
- While broccoli and pasta are cooking, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken, breaking up the pieces with wooden spoon.
- Add Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder to chicken, stir until well combined.
- Add pasta sauce to chicken mixture, stir and add milk. Heat until steaming, but not boiling.
- Add drained pasta and broccoli to skillet. Use tongs to toss the pasta with the sauce until the pasta is completely covered with sauce.
- Serve Immediately.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.