Cherry Pineapple Mini Dump Cake is a so simple dessert made delicious with cake mix, fruit and butter. Bubbly, ready in minutes and pretty enough for company.
If there is something we love to eat around here, it is dessert. When there is no time to bake a cake or prepare something else special, I rely on the fastest and least expensive baked dessert in the world, a Cherry Pineapple Mini Dump Cake.
It’s perfect for when you want to pull something that smells delicious and buttery from the oven, impressing your family and guests with your awesome baking skills…and only you know it can be mixed in one pan and thrown in the oven.
Dump cake is almost like a cobbler. And even though it is pretty perfect on it’s own, it is heavenly with a scoop of ice cream melting on top!
My dump cakes were baked in individual ramekins. I did this for ease in serving and so there would be no fighting over who got the biggest piece:) The ramekins are by Norpro and are still available at Norpro Ramekins at Amazon . I make this dessert so often that I always keep the ingredients on hand.
A dessert that only has 4 ingredients has to be simple, right? If you have a box of cake mix, pie filling, canned fruit and butter, you have the makings for a dump cake. There are a lot of combinations of ingredients used for making these tasty cakes, but this one is my hands down favorite.
LOOKING FOR OTHER BAKED FRUIT DESSERTS?Print
This super easy and delicious dump cake is perfect served with fresh whipped cream or a scoop of your favorite ice cream. Ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 can crushed pineapple, lightly drained
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1–1/2 sticks butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 6 10oz ramekins with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cherry pie filling with the crushed pineapple.
- Divide the cherry and pineapple mixture evenly between the six ramekins. Divide the dry yellow cake mix evenly between the ramekins, sprinkling the mix on top of the fruit mixture.
- Cut the butter into slices and divide evenly among the ramekins, placing the butter slices on top of the dry cake mix.
- Place the pan in the 350 degree oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling. Serve warm.
The dump cake can be baked in a 9×13 pan using the same ingredients and time to bake. All of the fruit should be spread in the bottom of the pan, and the entire box of cake mix should be dumped and spread over the fruit. Top with the butter slices and bake until golden brown and bubbling.
Keywords: cherry pineapple dump cake