Butterfinger Ghoul Cookies are a tasty peanut butter and candy cookie treat! Cookies decorated for Beggars Night, with ghoulishly scary candy faces! Bake a batch to get the entire family in the spirit!
Preparing for Halloween is one activity that I really look forward to each year. It is so much fun to decide what snacks to serve before the kids go out Trick or Treating and choosing the candy that will be handed out when the doorbell rings!
These treats are so easy to make. Make a batch of peanut butter cookie dough, and add crushed buttermilk candy bars to the mix. Shape into balls and bake. And if that was not treat enough, push a candy bar into each cookie as it cools to use as a base for the ghoulish face decorations. After the cookies are completely cool, use what you have on hand, like candy eyes, marshmallows and frosting to decorate the cookies in a Ghoulish way.
Serving cookies made with a new recipe each year is one of our Halloween traditions. It is a fun activity for the whole family and because the recipe is new, there is always a taste testing to look forward to. One of the requirements is that the recipe must contain candy. It is Halloween after all!
Now that the preparations are complete, we can get ready for the doorbell to start ringing. Muahahahahah.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO MUST LOVE HOME NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #mustlovehomecooking on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW MUST LOVE HOME ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Butterfinger Ghoul Cookies
Butterfinger Ghoul Cookies are a tasty peanut butter and candy cookie treat! Cookies decorated for Halloween night, with ghoulish candy faces! Bake a batch to get the entire family in the Halloween spirit!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 dozen
- Category: Dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Butterfinger fun-size candy bars, cut into small chunks
- 12 Butterfinger fun-size candy bars, whole
- 1 package Eye candies, mini marshmallows, purple and white frosting, pink zots for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer fitting with a paddle, combine peanut butter,butter or shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla on medium speed until just blended.
- Add the egg to the peanut butter mixture and continue to beat until blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture. Blend until the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Fold in the Butterfinger pieces until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Roll dough, about 2 tablespoons each, into balls and place on lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 – 15 minutes, until cookies begin to brown around the edges.
- Immediately after removing the cookies from the oven, place a whole Butterfinger Fun-Size bar into the center of each cookie and press down gently.
- Allow to cool until the chocolate has set. Decorate as desired.
Keywords: Halloween,cookie,peanut butter,monster