Bold Snack Mix
BOLD SNACK MIX – Great for parties, game day or anytime you want a spicy robust treat that will be eaten by the handful!
I know, I know. This looks like the snack mix from the grocery store. OK, seriously, this mix is like the SUPERSIZE FLAVOR VERSION of Chex Party Mix! Any similarity with other products is purely coincidental and no animals were harmed while making this Bold Snack Mix.
This is the cast of characters for BOLD SNACK MIX
Rice Cereal, Corn Cereal, Wheat Cereal, cheese crackers,baby goldfish crackers, and pretzel sticks! Whew…breathe…and worcestershire sauce, TOBASCO, chili oil (if you dare, this stuff is hot, hot!), roasted garlic powder, onion powder,seasoned salt, peanuts, and butter (too shy to be photographed)
Go ahead, satisfy your curiosity, taste a few pieces before the mix is baked in the oven. Then you really must force yourself to put the pan in the oven. OPEN the oven door, put pan in, CLOSE oven door …I know, that glistening butter mix is just about irresistible.
Just a warning – this stuff is addictive! If you want to live dangerously, and my middle name is Danger, store this in a giant airtight container on the counter where grabbing handfuls is easy. Just kidding…my middle name is not Danger.
Here’s how to make Bold Snack Mix.
BOLD SNACK MIX - Great for parties, game day or anytime you want a spicy robust treat that will be eaten by the handful!
- 3 cups corn cereal
- 3 cups rice cereal
- 2 cups wheat ceeral
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups cheese crackers
- 2 cup baby goldfish
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp roasted garlic powder
- 4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce, like Tobasco
- 1/8 tsp chili oil
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the cereals, crackers,goldfish,pretzels and peanuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter.
- To the melted butter, whisk in the worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion powder, seasoned salt, hot sauce and chili oil.
- Pour the butter mixture over the cereal mixture and stir until cereal mixture is completely coated.
- Transfer the mixture to 1 or 2 baking sheets and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and store in an airtight container.
- Eat by the handful!